Saturday 7 November 2009

finishing school just in time for summer.

Aaagh,

the sweet self imposed rewards of sleeping in and reading for leisure are oh so sweet.. my schedule today runs like this:

sleep in untill about 9 or 10, made some breakfast, eat & cruise listening to the radio.

jump on my cycle, with a book in my bag and mosey on over to jamie's cafe on Chapel St.

After hanging out reading and coffee-ing, rode down chapel and found a sweet old shirt for $4.50.

Stop at an epic old 50's silver falcon in front of an abandoned shop... take a photo.

come home via Acland St to have a look at melbourne's equivalent of surfers paradise - it is so average!

cook some left over beans and rice and listen to Tom Waits and Bette Midler.

and its only 3'oclock!

Am about to chuck on my boardies and go for a swim out the front and try to lose my computer tan!

So yes, I am finshed my first year of Architecture (ironically i was at this same stage of my educational career 8 years ago when i completed year 1 of architecture at Newcastle Uni).... haha!..... BUT, the amount i have learnt in these 2 semesters in comparison is nothing short of astonishing. But thats what you get when you allow yourself to become fully absorbed in something you love. You actually wouldn't believe how much i am at school unless you saw it.. It is again, nothing short of astonishing. Somehow i have managed to keep up a level of commitment that Simon Jenkins and I put in on our 1st week where we basically didnt sleep untill we were fully satisfied with our project - which meant we didnt realy sleep! (refer to minus h project early post in blog).

Anyways, i am for the time being a man of leisure, untill i fly to norway where i will work (and snowboard) everyday for 2 months.... tough days!!!

This pic is part of my final Design Studio presentation for our major project where we designed an Architecture Design School Studio.. So my design studio was designing a design studio..... how do they come up with these crazy ideas!?


1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the delightful fulfillment of doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete